|You're viewing balivatn's journal|
Create a Dreamwidth Account Learn More
These are delicious, easy to make, and everything you need to make them is probably in your kitchen already.
-1 stick butter, softened
-4 oz cream cheese, softened
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup flour
-1 Tbsp vanilla
*OPTIONAL: About 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use sliced almonds, but I'm sure other things would be good in this too)
Yes, that's all there is to them-- no eggs or baking soda or anything.
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Beat cream cheese and butter together until uniform in color.
3. Add sugar about 1/4 cup at a time, beating until fluffy.
4. Add flour, mixing well.
5. Stir in nuts, if desired.
6. Drop tablespoon-sized dough blobs on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. They're done when they're JUST BARELY brown around the edges.
7. Cool on rack and store in an airtight container.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.